Filter Socks / Bag Filters for liquid filtration applications
Bag filters and filter socks are an economical means of filtration. We offer many options of bag filters from low cost economical filter socks to high efficiency pleated filter bags.
Standard Felt Bag Filters
#2 Polyester bag filters are normally in stock
Constructed of 100% synthetic fibers, media options include polypropylene, polyester, Nomex and Teflon. The proper combination of fiber diameters, weights and thincesses result in an economical depth filter media. External treatments reduce fiber migration.
- Polypropylene and Polyester materials meet FDA regulations for food contact under CFR21, Section 177.1520
- Silicone-free construction
- High dirt holding capacity
- Ability to remove both solid and gelatinous particles
- Low cost
- Glazed/singed finish on polypropylene and polyester reduces fiber-shedding
Felt Bag Styles
Steel-ring bags have a galvanized steel ring (stainless steel optional) sewn into the top of the bag. They are supplied with sewn seams standard.
Plastic flange bags have a specially designed flange sewn to the top of the bag. They are supplied with sewn seams standard (fully-welded seams Felt Materials Micron Ratings available upon request).
Fully welded bags are available in polypropylene and polyester felt for #1, #2, #3, #4 & #5 bag sizes with plastic flanges.
Welded bags offer the following advantages over sewn bags:
- No needle holes, thus higher filtration efficiencies, limiting bypass
- Reduction of fiber shedding
High Efficiency Microfiber Filter Bags
- 0.5 to 50 Micron
- Wide Chemical Compatibility
- Excellent Oil Absorbing Capabilities
- Efficiencies to 95%
High Efficiency Bag Materials
Microfiber materials provide high efficiencies at low micron ratings. The optional addition of a needle punched felt layer provides prefilter zone and results extended life.
Standard Bag Sizes
P1 = 7.06” 16.5”
P2 = 7.06” 32.0”
P3 = 4.12” 8.0”
P4 = 4.12” 14.0”
P5 = 4.12” 24.0”
P7 = 5.50” 15.0”
P8 = 5.50” 21.0”
P9 = 5.50” 31.0”
P11 = 8.50“ 16.0”
P12 = 8.50” 32.0”
C1 = 7.31” 16.5”
C2 = 7.31” 32.5”
RP-1 = 8.0” 30.0”
RP-2 = 8.0” 40.0”
PC-1 = 9.0” 20.0”
PC-2 = 9.0” 30.0”
X1 = 4.35” 8.0”
X2 = 4.35” 14.0”
XO1 = 6.0“ 22.0”
ESP Extended Surface Pleat Liquid Bag Filter
The ESP Extended surface Pleat bag filter. The ESP Extended Surface Pleat bag filter is for applications where high dirt holding capacity and high flow rates are required. This is achieved by pleating two layers of nominal felt to create a pre-filter and a final layer inside a size #2 bag filter.
Under normal operating conditions this bag should provide ~ 4X the life of a standard nominal bag. The longer life reduces change-out frequency, therefore increasing product throughput and reducing downtime and disposal costs. No need for equipment modifications as the ESP will fit most standard size #2 strainer bag filter baskets.
- Micron ratings from 1 to 100
- Wide Chemical Combability
- Polypropylene and Polyester materials meet FDA regulation for fool contact under CFR21, Section 177.1520
- Silicone-free construction
- Choice of Steel Ring or Plastic Flange
- Handles on all bags
Absolute Rated High Efficiency Microfiber Filter Bags
- Absolute (98%) micron ratings from 3-100 micron
- Microbiber layers are thermally bonded and contain no adhesive, resin or silicone
- Graded layer configuration provides low initial pressure drop and maximum dirt holding capacity
- Wide chemical compatibility
High Efficiency Microfiber Materials
Polypropylene microfiber materials provide high efficiencies at low micron ratings. The layer configuration of the BOSA bags includes proprietary Nanowave media and a needlefelt outer cover. The multilayer configuration achieves a graded density structure increasing efficiencies and adding life compared to standard POMF bags due to greater depth filtration. Precise particle retention allows use of BOSA bags in a wide variety of applications where absolute filtration is necessary. The polypropylene composition allows for the BOSA bags to absorb up to 15-20 times their weight in oil and last up to 18 times longer than traditional bags (depending on the application particle distribution). Recommended changeout is 10-15 PSID. Maximum differential pressure is 35 psid.Get a Quote