Aluminum Bronze is stronger and less likely to corrode than other bronze alloys, making it a preferred choice for sea water and other applications where corrosion is a concern. Because of its copper content, marine organisms cannot colonize on the material. Aluminum bronze is used for potable water applications as it meets lead free statutes requiring that the lead content in the wetted surfaces is 0.25% or less as determined by a weighted average.
Additional Design & Technical Notes:
• Cover vent, provided on all sizes, is 1/4″ NPT is furnished with plug.
• Bottom drain is furnished with plug. See table to the right for sizes.
• Plugged 1/4″ NPT gauge taps (inlet and outlet) are provided on sizes 6″ and larger.
• Cast-in support legs are provided on sizes 6″ and larger.
• Slanted screen is provided on sizes 2-1/2″ and up; 2″ sizes have straight screen.
• Optional cover designs, steam jacketed designs and epoxy coatings are available.
• Standard material for straining elements is Type 304 Stainless Steel. Other materials are available upon request. Designed for horizontal pipelines only.
M A R K E T S :
- POTABLE WATER
- PULP & PAPER
- OIL & GAS
- FOOD PRODUCTION
GENERAL APPLICATION: Simplex basket strainers are installed into a pipeline system to remove unwanted debris from the pipeline flow. Basket strainers are commonly used in horizontal pipelines where debris loading is high and the collection of solids is required. Straining is accomplished via a perforated or mesh lined straining element, internal to the basket strainer. In general, the size of the perforation or mesh should be slightly smaller than the smallest debris particle to be removed. Or, divide the orifice the strainer is protecting in half for a mesh or perf opening value. It is important to note that the correct size of the basket strainer is determined by its job function, not by the size of the pipeline.
Bill of Materials
|1||Body||Aluminum Bronze ASTM B148|
|2||Cover||Aluminum Bronze ASTM B148|
|4||Strainer Basket||304L Stainless Steel (other materials available|
|5||Hex Bolt||Stainless Steel|
Dimensions & Performance Data
Face to Face
Centerline to Bottom
Ctr. Line to Top
|Flow Coefficient (Cv)||45||90||140||290||500||800||1600||2800||3700|